Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Snap, crackle, pop into running...

Well, I went to a chiropractor. After moving my mom this weekend it wasn't good when I could no longer put pressure on my left leg without screaming helplessly in pain. It was starting to affect my sex life....ahhhh. Maybe it happened when I slipped off the slippery truck ramp with boxes in my hand or maybe it was when I lifted a 3000 pound sofa with 2 recliners in it. I'm out of alignment, hurt or out of whack (whatever you call it!) and so I went to the chiropractor and told him to fix me so I can run. He thought that was funny. I thought it was funny when I asked him what he was doing and he said I'm adjusting your sub-livial spinal depourum to increase circulation to your clavial subtraumbicialtribial...ok...whatever....just do it. But the amazing thing is that he fixed me. I'm still a little soar and I need some fine tuning but I'm feeling better. I'm afraid of people that make me snap, crackle and pop. I told him that too and he laughed. This man no doubt kept telling me how funny I was (LOL). Not being able to run again is not a laughing matter. I've got my sites on my next run and my next half-marathon. I have not decided on the marathon yet...give me time. Anyway, he worked on me for an hour, pulling and pushing and stretching while I was popping away. It wasn't too horrific but I did have to promise to NOT run or lift for a week, maybe longer. I'll let you know what becomes of my deviated spine.

No comments: