Monday, November 10, 2008

This is how the bail out works...

Young Chuck moved to Texas and bought a donkey from a farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day he drove up and said, "I'm sorry son but I have some bad news, the donkey died". Chuck replied, "well, then just give me my money back." The farmer said, "I can't do that, I went and spent it already." Chuck said, "ok, then just bring me the dead donkey." The farmer asked, "what are ya gonna do with a dead donkey?" Chuck said, "I'm going to raffle him off." The farmer said, "you can't raffle off a dead donkey!" Chuck said, "Sure I can, you just watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead." A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, "what happened with that dead donkey?" Chuck said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 raffle tickets at $2.00 a piece and made $1,000." The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?" Chuck said, "just the guy who won. So I gave him his $2.00 back". Chuck now works for Lehman Brothers.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Girl, I'm enjoying reading your stuff. Thanks for reading my stuff, too! Love you . . . Heather

Angela said...

My little Heather...
I was just thinking of you the other day as I was running on a beautiful Fall day. I know how much you love Fall. I love your blog too. I read Vanessa's too. I wish I could kiss your sweet face. Tell Tony Hi.