Monday, February 9, 2009

Memory lane Monday....

When I was a little girl my dad would do this pretend thingy where he used his big hand to make believe that their was a starving bird and the bird would swoop into my hair and he would wiggle his fingers all through my hair and pretend the bird was finding worms in my ears, neck and hair and the combination of tickling my head while whispering things like, "this bird is so hungry, it's looking for worms to take home". I would literally beg my dad when he'd come to my bedside, "do the bird daddy." He would always do it, even if it was for a few seconds. I love the saying, "the best things in life are free" even though in my opinion, "the best things in life are generational." So here is a picture of my dad tickling Evan, "doing the bird", as we say. This picture is priceless to me. I absolutely love it that the first thing Evan says to me every morning is, "do the bird mommy".

1 comment:

Jessica D. said...

I tagged you on my blog tomorrow. It's called Six Picture Meme. Check it out.